Work Arrangement: In Office, Waterloo Ontario
Pay Range: $75,000 - $100,000
Assesses individual client investment needs to provide professional, customized investment-related advice, sales and service. Builds client trust, educating them on investment strategies, associated risks, and performance expectations that help them achieve their financial goals. Develops and retains long-term client relationships and delivers an exceptional client experience. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups.
What will you do?:
- Build and develop your client base, as you manage and grow their portfolio from scratch, selecting the most appropriate investment solutions to meet their financial plans and goals
- Identify clients that need and want you to create a customized wealth management and investment management plan to meet their individual needs
- Provide investment advice to all existing and prospective non-discretionary clients over the phone and in meetings
- Initiate, develop, and foster a network of successful individuals, families, and business owners, with the goal to ultimately manage their family wealth, while seeking out new clients through referrals
- Develop and foster networks while seeking out new clients through referrals
- Customize wealth management and investment management plans to meet your clients’ individual needs
- Build trusted, often multi-generational, relationships with business owners, individuals, families, charities, and foundations, based on personalized services and advice
- Confident and engaging presence with an ability to motivate and influence
- Explains and executes investment concepts, portfolio construction and management, and other wealth management strategies.
- Maintains the confidentiality of client and Bank information.
- Adheres to internal risk mitigation policies and industry rules/regulations.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful Completion of the Canadian Securities Course & Conduct and Practices Handbook.
- Registration as Registered Representative (RR).
- Complies with mandatory IDA Continuing Education Program requirements.
- Financial Planning designation (IQPF) must be completed prior to 30th month of RR license.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
Manulife is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We have more than 38,000 employees, over 115,000 agents serving ~33 million customers worldwide, and over $1.3 trillion in assets under management and administration.
Visit www.Manulife.com to find out more.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.